Monday, September 12, 2011

Some things I just can't part with....

Anything that my Dad made for me, I will keep forever.  My Dad has been gone for over 10 years but it seems that I keep finding things in my house that he made for me.  I may find them in the back of a cupboard or hidden away in a storage bin somewhere but every time I come across something I try to find a new use for it. 



This wooden shelf he made for me years ago when I had a little apartment.  It hung in my kitchen, back when I was really into anything country and red, white & blue decor.



My Hubby added a piece of wood to the back and I painted and distressed it in a nice mustard color. It hangs on the wall in my sewing room so every day I can look at it and know he is close to me.  
 I love to repurpose items but recreating ones with sentimental value are my absolute favorites.

1 comment:

Crissa said...

Love it! Grandpa's Irish eyes are smiling :)

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.