Sunday, December 30, 2012

RUSTOLEUM MAGNETIC PAINT



First let me say that I love this product.

This is my first attempt and it worked perfect for my project. If you follow my blog you know that I have a huge family and so does my husband. Every year we receive family pictures from both our extended families. I always display them on the side of my refrigerator.

After some remodeling this year we recessed our refrigerator so I don’t have the space for my family pictures. I was determined that I was going to come up with a new solution. Here is what I came up with….


I painted a large square on our old ugly pantry door. This was another remodel project, this door used to be the entrance to our screened in porch but hubby knocked out the window beside it and added a sliding glass door, which is now the new entrance to the porch. He built a closet behind the old door and it’s now our pantry that holds all my big kitchen appliances. This door is original to the house and it’s in the perfect location to house all our family pictures. I measured the size of the square that I wanted. I layed out all my pictures and decided the size that I needed. I marked it all off with a sharpie and a level and just started to paint.


 After painting the first coat and letting  it dry the magnets weren’t sticking. I was starting to panic. Coat number 2 was a little better but still not perfect. I was determined that this was going to work because I did not want to hear the hubs complaining that I ruined the ugly door. For some reason when he complains that makes me more determined to prove that my project “is” going to work. Before I painted coat number 3 I stirred and stirred the paint and stirred it again. I read somewhere that all the magnetic chips end up at the bottom of the paint can. This time it worked like a charm. Here’s the finished product.



Now when I get new pictures I just slide out the old one and add the new one.Our extended family keeps growing so I made sure I have space left for new additions. I purchased all of these magnetic sleeves from Walmart. They hold a 4x6 picture.

I'll be linking up to: Monday2 Make the Scene Monday #56Keeping It SimplePhotobucket



1 comment:

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

that is a great idea! ...and it worked!

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.