Monday, January 20, 2014

Sewing is like riding a bike


It had been so long since I sewed from a pattern, I didn't know if I would remember. I'm happy to tell you that it is just like riding a bike, once you know how you can always do it. My daughter called me one day all upset because the Halloween costume she was bidding on for my granddaughter sold and she didn't win the bid. She wanted to know if I could make her a Daphne costume. I had no idea who Daphne was or if I could still even remember how to sew but of course I said yes. I figured the worst thing that could happen would be I would have to get my 92 year old mother to save the day and make the costume. Off to Walmart I go for a pattern. Holy crap have you priced patterns lately? I found a quick sew one that wasn't too bad and it was close to what she wanted. I had to alter the pattern a little, but all in all I think I did a pretty darn good job. I think she was the cutest darn Daphne I ever saw, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.