Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Boring dress to cute shirt refashion



 Again, I can't say enough about my new addiction to refashioning my own clothes. The weather in Western Pennsylvania is finally improving and it was time to store away the boots and sweaters and bust out the Spring and summer clothes. I realized I did quite a bit of shopping off the sale racks at the end of the season last year. What a pleasant surprise to see so many new items added to my wardrobe that had tags on them. Who can pass up and maxi dress for $5.00 on the clearance rack. I sure can't. I've been a busy lady refashioning my own clothes. I'm warning you its an addiction. If you know how to sew you really have to give this a try.


this is an old dress that i already had




 

skirt from walmart clearance rack $2.00


My adorable new shirt


So here is what I did: 1. cut about 5 inches off the bottom of the dress 2. cut off about 2 inchest from the bottom of the skirt 3. added the bottom of the skirt (polka dotted part) to the bottom of my new shirt. Just pin the rights side together and stitch. I didn't have to finish the bottom of the ruffle because it was already finished. Very very easy project, total time was less that 30 minutes from start to finish including taking pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really cute! ;)
Have you seen this pin? I think something like this would be really cute! http://www.pinterest.com/pin/261912534549566036/

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.