Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hats off to my Beautiful Niece

Back in April my beautiful niece turned 40.   To help her celebrate her sister “BellaBud” threw her a birthday party.  The party was titled “hats off to Leigh.”  I was in charge of the favors, I decorated wine glass with polka dots.  I will post more on the favors later. 

I wanted to share with you the gift I made for her.  She has always worn hats for as long as I can remember hence the “hats off” theme.  So I decided I wanted to decorate a hat box for her.  I went to Ollies and purchased as hat box on clearance for $1.99.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the box before I started but I forgot.  Sorry.

First I painted the box white and then I used crackle paint over top of the white.  The next step was to paint over the crackle paint with black paint.  I left the ridge of the hat box the original color because it coordinated with my color scheme.  I made copies of all the pictures that I had of her wearing hats and decoupaged them on to the box.  I took a wooden flower and painted it black and glued it to the center of the box.  I just printed out the words “fabulous at forty” and glued them to the flower.



I forgot to mention we all had to wear hats to the party.  Here is a picture of my mother, the birthday girl and me.


I love how it turned out and she loved it. 

Leave me a comment I’m curious what you think. 

shabby creek cottage 
Between Naps On The PorchBLOG TITLEall crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {11/8}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.