Friday, May 30, 2014

New Summer dress for free

My newest addiction is to refashion old clothes in my closet to something new to wear. For this upcycle I took 2 shirts that I've had for about 2 years each, cut them sewed them together and I now have a new summer dress to wear to work or out to dinner.

I removed the band at the bottom of the shirt by using my seam ripper.  I'm planning to make a belt from the piece.



Here's the bottom of the shirt without the band.



I cut the top of the shirt right under the arm hole to use for the bottom of my new dress.

Here is the finished product.  Now I have a new dress that I can wear to the office with a cute pair of shoes.  I love it. 

Come join the party at: Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.