Wednesday, June 4, 2014

update to my new summer dress

A few days ago I posted a refashion of a new summer dress made from two old shirts. I told you I was planning to use the band from the printed shirt to make a belt. I didn't take any pictures of the process but it was very simple. I just folded the strip right sides together and sewed a straight seam the length of the band. Turned it right side out and just slid it over a brown leather belt that I already had. It's not permanent, so I can slide it off and wear my leather belt without the sleeve on it. Here is a picture of me wearing my new dress before work one day. It was about 4:45 a.m. and I woke hubby up to take my picture so I could show you all how it looked. He thought that I had lost my mind. So many times after a refashion he takes my picture with no makeup and ugly hair and I just don't want to post it. This one was blog-acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.