Sunday, October 9, 2011

Party preparations are coming down to the wire!

  If you have been reading my blog you know that my dear Mother is turning 90 years old on October 13th.  We have been planning a huge party at our favorite Italian Restaurant here in town. 

This means all the relatives are coming in for the party.  The count is now up to 118 people. 

Today was the day to pick out the perfect outfit for the guest of honor.  She has been shopping on two separate occasions and still is undecided as to the perfect outfit.  So, Sister Number 2 came to the rescue.  She drove in from Ohio with 9 outfits , shoes and jewelry in the trunk of her car.  She went shopping without the guest of honor and bought all the outfits and will let our Mother pick her favorites.  She has narrowed it down to 2. 

I missed the actual fashion show but I'm sure it was very fun. I did get all the details from Sister Number 2 as she was traveling back to Ohio.   I opted to stay home to get a start on the baking of many, many cookies for the party.  I have 9 dozen wedding cookies and a pan of brownies made from scratch in the freezer.  After I froze them all, I realized I forgot to take pictures.  So you are just going to have to the wait until the day of the party for all the pictures. 

Please stay tuned, this is going to be a very busy week.  On Thursday my Mother is being honored at a dinner at Station Square in Pittsburgh for all her charity work that she has done over the years.  She knows that she is invited to a dinner but she doesn't know that she is being honored and that all 6 of her children and 2 granddaughters are going to be in attendance.  I'm guessing there will be a lot of tears of excitement.

Saturday is the big day for the birthday celebration.  I promise to take lots of pictures.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are going to be one busy girl this week! Pittsburgh will be memorable and the party will be amazing!!! and then on Sunday...(after sauce and crepes) you can rest!

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.