Sunday, October 23, 2011

SIMPLE but very cute

Here is the before version of the bar stool leftover from a set that I had at one time.  Just plain and boring. 














Here is the updated version using just some paint and an uppercase living snowflake on the top. I took a scrap piece of wood and painted it to match the top of the bar stool and used another uppercase living expression that says welcome.  A little bit of gorilla glue and a couple of snowflake ornaments and this is what you get.

I like how it turned out.  Simple but very cute.  I was thinking of adding some Christmas greenery but decided against it.  This way it can be used all Winter instead of just Christmas time.  I live in Western Pennsylvania so unfortunately the winters are long.

Hopefully I inspired you to take something old and remake it to something new and useful.

Come visit me at: http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2011/10/door-knob-repair-made-hard-welcome-to.html#more

all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {10/24}

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Turned out quite nice!!! :)

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Looks great! Your blog is beautiful! I'm your newest follower -- and thanks for following me!

xo Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Crissa said...

This is so cute!!!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Super cute, and so is your blog. Thanks for visiting mine. I just became a follower. I'll be back.

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

This is super cute! You're decorating for Christmas! Fun! I can't wait!!!

Thanks for stopping by today :)

Sharon, aka Bootersmom03 said...

Congrats! I think you have a lot to share & enjoy your blog, so I'm giving you a Liebster Award. Check it out at http://www.fromragstorainbows.com/2011/10/liebster-blog-award.html

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.