Monday, October 29, 2012

coffee can remake

  I found a really cute idea on pinterest to reuse coffee cans.  http://homedesignpins.com/2012/10/12/glue-rope-to-your-used-coffee-cans-cheap-chic-organizing/

Glue rope to your used coffee cans! Cheap, chic organizing.

I hate to throw anything away myself so I decided to give this idea a try.  Here is my version of the coffee can remake.  I started with a empty coffee can, I removed the label.


I hot glued thick white jute rope all the way around the can.



I found an old picture frame that was missing the glass.  I added a piece of burlap to the frame.  I added 2 old buttons tied with a skinny piece of jute.  I glued the frame to the can. 


Here's the can holding scented pinecones.


I flipped the can over and added a crystal bowl with glade candle surrounded by coffee beans.  This is the centerpiece on my kitchen Island.



The can is still flipped over, I added a crystal plate, red candle and string of beads for this look.



Here is another option.  On my bedside table along with my favorite candle. Perfect storage for the remote and my kindle.
 

I like pieces that are versatile because I like to change my decor.  The possibilities are endless for these coffee cans.  

I'll be linking up to:MakeitPrettyMondayMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #46 & PSA Essentials Giveaway!Vintage On A DimeThe DIY DreamerPhotobucketBlogfest
.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

This is sooo cute! Thanks for stoppping by my blog and for leaving a comment! I'm now a follower :)

-Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
www.revolutionariesblog.com

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I have done several projects with those cans! I am like you...I don't like to throw away things that could be totally reused.

Unknown said...

It turned out great! Definitely versatile!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This is very pretty, Geri! I love how you blinged up the front with the frame and buttons.

Unknown said...

Love it... Thanks for linking. Debbie Vintage On A Dime

Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

Hi there! I just found you on DIY Dreamer. This is a great idea. I would LOVE for you to come link up to my Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/10/farm-girl-blog-fest-6.html

Lisa
Fresh Eggs Daily

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

What a beautiful idea, great work

Christine said...

Oh WOW!! That is a FABULOUS idea!! So stylish!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

Anita said...

Super cute!

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

What an awesome idea! Thanks for posting this. I have a bunch of coffee cans that I don't know what to do with and didn't want to part with. Time to tinker around!

Karen at Bargain-ista.com said...

How awesome is this? I love yours so much more than the inspiration pic! That frame adds just the right touch :)

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Hello! I’m stopping in to invite you to join us at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-7-country-craft.html

I hope to see you there!
Cheers!
Kathy
The Chicken Chick

smart momma said...

hi geri! thanks for checking out my blog and for following me :)

what a coincidence on this project of yours! i just finished my diy:rope vases a couple of weeks ago, the link is here, if you want to check it out:
http://smart-momma.blogspot.com/2012/10/diy-rope-vases.html

yours turned out awesome! i love the picture frame with burlap backing that you attached to it :)

see you later & huggies***
rea

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Such a cute can remake!!! And for so many things! :) Hope you have a great week! xx Holly

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.