Saturday, October 20, 2012

Steelers school desk

I was lucky enough to become the proud owner of an old one piece school desk recently.  I think I'm showing my age here because I remember actually sitting in one of these.  The desk was delivered to me a nice soft yellow color.  I had it loaded up and ready to go to the shop for resale just as it was but then I had a brain storm of how I could transform it. 


Hubby got in on the act too, he  filled in the cracks on the wooden top of the desk with wood puddy and sanded it down for me.

A little black spray paint, regular "mustard colored" paint, modge podge and left over wallpaper border later and this is how she looks now.


Now I know there are a few people out there that aren't Steeler fans but just imagine your own team that you support either college or professional.  What little boy or girl wouldn't want to do their homework on this desk?

SOLD!


I'll be linking up to:I Heart Nap TimeMakeitPrettyMondayMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #45Keeping It SimpleTwo Yellow Birds DecorHigh Heels and Grills

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It turned out AWESOME!!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Well I'm a Steeler fan, in fact we all are in my family! My son, the youngest leaves today for the away Steeler game for tonight, he lives and breathes Pittsburgh sports:)
I love it and what a great idea for some little guy or girl! I think it will sale right away!!!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

My husband LOVES the Steelers! I'll have to show this to him. So cute!

Lynn said...

I think it turned out great! The only thing better might be... Eagles green:@)

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.