Friday, November 23, 2012

Behind the glass door

If you follow my blog, you know that we have a new puppy.  I figured I was going to get out of putting up a tree this year and I could use the excuse that Windsor would knock it over.  Hubby had a different option in mind.  He thought we could put the tree up in our new porch.  I hate to admit it but it was a very good idea.  We have a sliding glass door between the dining room and the porch so Windsor can't get to the tree. 

The tricky part was the tree was 9 foot.  Solution, we just didn't put the top part on the tree.  I added a topper so you can't even tell that the tree is missing it's top.  It really was a great idea, because now you can see it if you are in the porch, the dining room or the living room.  My hubby is pretty smart!



I doubt that this will be it's permanent home for the coming years, but it worked out great for this year.  I keep asking how old do you have to be to just put up a table top Christmas tree.  My family doesn't find the humor in that, but they don't have to do all the work. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks good. I know you were looking forward to put it up, but you do have a great solution to the problem, and you have a Christmas tree!

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.