Tuesday, November 20, 2012

One Valance to Two

I love to change my curtains from room to room. This valance was in my dining room but I decided It would look great in my bathroom because it matched the shower curtain that I like to use for Christmas.  The only problem was I only had one valance and I have 2 windows in the bathroom. Not a problem for me thanks to my dear mother I have some pretty great sewing skills. 



I cut the valance in half and finished the side seams.


I used a zig zag stitch so it would look professional.  Here's where it got a little tricky, I didn't finish the end where the curtain rod would go thru.  I left it open.  I finished above and below that part.  (Now don't tell my mother, she wouldn't approve of that edge not being finished.) 

It worked out fine.  I was able to slide the rod in and just turn the seam under and no one will know that it's not finished.







See how it all coordinates.  I had to move those curtains to the bathroom. If you are wondering, I happened to have another valance that I used for my dining room.  It matches better with my color scheme. Stay tuned for that post coming soon. 

If you are lucky enough to live near an Ollies Outlet you can get great deals on curtains. That valance was $2.99. So not bad for two window, right.  I can't seem to go in that store without checking out the curtain section.

I'll be linking up to:UndertheTableandDreamingMakeitPrettyMondayMonday2 Make the Scene Monday #51

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I won't tell your Mom, but you are right, she wouldn't approve. Too funny. They look great!!! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.