Sunday, November 4, 2012

sheet music ornaments

I've been wanting to try my hand at some sheet music ornaments.  I didn't want the traditonal round ornaments that I've been seeing around blogland.  Looking around my craft room I found a large number of gingerbread people that were totally unfinished.  Not sure how long they've been buried in my craft room but there were about 30 of them.  

I bought an old book of sheet music a while back at an antique store.  It really was old and yellowed and was sold in a plastic shield because it was falling apart. 


Watch while I breath new life into these hymns.  Next step I traced the gingerbread people on to the sheet of music and cut it out.


One coat of modge podge to glue the sheet music to the gingerbread man and then one coat over the entire top to seal it.  After it dried I took a needle and poked thru the hole in the top of the head. (this hole was covered over with the paper in the previous step.)  Last I tied a little raffia to the top so that I could hang them.  I liked the rafia because it had the same yellowing color as the original sheet music.

The finished product looks like this.......



The two on the right were from different sheet music that I had leftover from another project.  

What do think about my version of the sheet music ornaments?

I'll be linking up to :I Heart Nap TimeMakeitPrettyMondayKeeping It SimpleMonday2 Make the Scene Monday # 47Vintage On A DimePhotobucket
Two Yellow Birds Decor


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute, cute!

Unknown said...

Love them!!!

Unknown said...

So cute!!! Thanks for joining my party!!! Debbie Vintage On A Dime

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

Very cute! I just made a nativity from sheet music but had to "age" with paint since it wasn't very old. Love sheets you had to work with!
Visiting from Kammy's Korner

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.