Tuesday, November 6, 2012

burlap foot stool

If you follow my blog you know that we just recently remodeled our screened in porch.  After purchasing new furniture minus the ottoman because they wanted $150 just for that piece, I decided to try my hand at making my own ottoman.  I had the perfect oak table that was the exact height that I needed.  This table has a great amount of sentimental value to me because my Dad made it many years ago and I've been saving it for just the right project. 

I purchased a square piece of foam from Walmart.  With some help from my mother we covered the top of the table with burlap. 


I layed the burlap on the floor, centered the foam and added the table upside down.  While my mother held it in place, I stapled it all to the bottom of the table.  This was no easy task because the table was solid oak. 


 I love how it turned out for two reasons.

Reason 1:  My Dad made the table and
Reason 2:  My mother helped me transform it to this.



My husband likes it too! 

I'll be linking up to:

2 comments:

smart momma said...

that is really nice-looking chair geri:)

one of the reasons why i love diy-ing is because of the memories that we build with it....

like your chair, your dad made it then you and your mom transformed it then your husband loves it!

huggies***
rea

Unknown said...

Full of memories....that makes it AWESOME!!!!

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.