Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Birthday cake

I always wanted to take a cake decorating class but never set aside the time to do it.  So just for fun I decided that every year since my sweet little granddaughter Mya was born I would make her birthday cake.  Remembering that I am just a novice at this.  It is amazing to me that you can google anything and figure out how to make it.  Well my daughter decided this year that Mya's birthday cake had to have ribbon icing to coordinate with the theme of  a "Fancy Nancy Soiree." 

I was a little nervous because I didn't want to show up at the Soiree with the wrong kind of icing on the cake.  Oh geeze, I would have never heard the end of that mistake.  So Sunday morning with my copy of "how to make ribbon icing" in hand I started the process.



 

Here is the final picture, the cake topper was made by my daughter.


going with the theme of the Soiree being held in Paris


Here's the Birthday girl!


Don't you just love her Eiffel Tower shirt?





Happy 5th Birthday Mya Lee


Check back tomorrow to see all the details of the party.   If you have a little girl you won't want to miss all the clever ideas.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it!!! So fun!!

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.