Thursday, September 20, 2012

Big time score



I got the best deal this weekend at a yard sale.  Sometimes you just have to dig to get what you are looking for.  I found an antique laundry basket on wheels.  I spotted these in a few decorating magazines and for sale on the web but I didn’t want to spend a lot of money.  I got this baby for $4.00.  Yep, I said $4.00. 





I think maybe this was one of the best deals I found this summer.  The lady that I bought it from said her mother had a laundry shoot in her house and this basket caught all the clothes at the end of the shoot. 

She estimated it to be at least 50 to 60 years old.  SWEET, I love it.  Right now I’m using it in my laundry room but I may have to find a more creative use for it. 

Any ideas from my blog friends would be appreciated.

I'll be linking up to:Join My Linky Party Every Weekend

Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingI Heart Nap TimeBetween Naps On the Porch

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It would be super cute in a bathroom with towels in it. You could also use it as plant stand!!

Crane Farms said...

Wow - what a lucky find for $4! I found one of these earlier this year sitting in a lady's yard. She let me have it for $25, still beats the price of an antique store!

(and thank you for stopping by!)

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

Very cool! I was going to suggests the towels rolled up, but Jen beat me too it! Can't wait to see what you do...

Maureen Wyatt said...

Love the laundry basket and the price is unbeatable! ~ Maureen

Tammy said...

That is a GREAT find!!! Love it! Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend.

Melissa @ LoveBugLiving said...

What a fun find! It might be fun to use as a party cart with a cooler in it for drinks, or with a tray on top for snacks.

Laura said...

I love this- can't wait to see what you do with it! Such a bargain, too! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comment.
I'm your newest follower.

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.