Sunday, September 30, 2012

Road trip to Lucketts

I spent the weekend with 2 of my sisters.  We took a road trip to Virginia.  We didn't accomplish the mission that we attempted but we did get to spend great quality time together.  I was the passenger in the backseat, not paying any attention to where we were going.  At one point I saw a sign that said welcome to Leesburg VA.  Sister #3 was telling us "this is a very historical town that we are driving through now."  The light bulb went off and I thought I remember that Luckett's Antique Store was in Leesburg.  I immediatly sent a text to my girlfriend back home and asked her to check the Miss Mustard Seed blog and see exactly where Lucketts is located.  She sent me the address and the Phone number by text.  (Thank you Jennifer you rock.) 

Once we checked in to our hotel we called Lucketts and got directions.  We were only 8 miles away. Yipee! So first thing Saturday morning we headed to Lucketts.




Me on the steps in front of Lucketts


My friend Jen loves these bottles


I'm trying to decide which color paint I want to purchase from Miss Mustard's Seeds new paint line.



Sister #3, ME and Sister #4

Miss Mustard Seed's display of glass glitter

This is crazy sister #4 buying long johns and a Russian hat to wear when she goes hunting.  Yes my crazy beautiful sister loves to hunt.  Only she could pull off long johns and a fur hat.



My color choice was Tricycle.  I can't wait to try it out.

 I had such a nice weekend traveling with my sisters.  We get so caught up in our own families that we don't spend enough time together.  Honestly we are all so different but we truly have the strongest bond to each other.  I wouldn't trade my huge Irish-Italian family for a million dollars.

If you ever have the opportunity to visit Luckett's Antique Store I would recommend it 1,000 times.  The staff was awesome and the rooms were full of great stuff.  I was so inspired by it all.  






6 comments:

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

Lucky gal got to go to Luckett's!! I'd love that! I'd have picked Tricycle too! Red is just my favorite color... Besides turquoise :)

Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos said...

Looks like fun! I hear so much about Luckett's and I am in KC so its too far to drive, but the next time I am in the DC area, I am going! :)

Can't wait to see how you use the milk paint too!

Jennifer

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Awesome trip! I just got my first color of milk paint from Lucketts a few weeks ago. Excited to see what you do.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you got to go!! You are most welcome for the info! I'm glad you thought to text!! It looks like you had an amazing time! I DO LOVE those blue mason jars!! I'm sorry the mission wasn't accomplished, but, you did have some quality sister bonding!! Can't wait to see what you do with the paint!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I LOVE the pictures of you in my space! So fun! I'm glad you remembered Lucketts was in Leesburg and got to experience it. It really is a special place.

Stephanie said...

Sound like a fun trip--everything is funner with sisters!

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.