Sunday, September 9, 2012

"MANGIA"

So this is what you get when you grow up Italian and marry an Italian.  You end up with an Italian themed kitchen

I painted over an old sign and added the letters in vinyl.


Mangia means EAT in Italian.  How appropriate because it seems like all we do is eat.  Everytime I turn around it's time to cook again.  URGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I keep telling my husband "you just ate yesterday, why do you have to eat again."  He doesn't find the humor in that!!!

This is an old drawer that I removed the hardware, painted it black and added the words with vinyl.  It sits on top of my hutch. 



Everyone enters our house through the garage.  When you walk in this is what greats you.
WELCOME TO MY HOUSE



This was a birthday present from Sister #2. 
Good food, Good wine, Good friends


I also have the village where my mother's family came from in Italy on one wall and the village where my mother-in-law's family came from on the other wall written in vinyl letters.  

There is no mistaking when you enter our house that we are proud italians.

My son says it's like living in a dictionary.

I'll be linking up to:

Join My Linky Party Every WeekendAdd your LINKS!UndertheTableandDreaming

4 comments:

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

Oh how awesome, I dream of Italy!

Unknown said...

At least it is dictionary full of love!

Little Miss Maggie said...

I love your Italian signs especially because they really mean something about your family. Italian and French phrases are always intriging no matter what your heritage.

Rita's Recipes said...

I love your Manjia sign and the $4.00 laundry basket was a great score!

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.