Saturday, September 22, 2012

personalized doggie mat

If you follow my blog you know that I just got a puppy. I am so not used to having a dog in my house. I can't stand the water dribbles everywhere so I decided to make a doggie mat.  I found this mat at Ollie's for $1.79 and decided to add his name to it. 
 
I got out my plastic stencils and taped them down to the mat. First I traced inside the stencils with a magic marker.




I filled in all the blank spaces with black paint.   


It works perfect.  As soon as I put it down under his water dish he dropped his ball in the water dish and it splashed all over.  This time it landed on the mat. 


Next up, one for the kitchen under his food dish and his large water dish.  This PUPPY is taking over my house and my life!!!!!

I'll be linking up to:  Two Yellow Birds DecorI Heart Nap TimeBetween Naps On the PorchThe DIY DreamerPhotobucket

8 comments:

Tammy said...

That is a great idea! Love his name :)Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend.

Katie Drane said...

I'm so glad that I'm following you! I love this mat! What a clever idea. Thanks so much for sharing on Sundae Scoop:)

Katie
www.funhomethings.com

Jen @ frazzled 5 said...

LOVE the doggy mat- I need to make 3 but I have pups who love to chew:(

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

Windsor is sooo lucky to have such a caring Mommy :) Love the mat!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

Leslie @ Violet Imperfection said...

I love the doggy mat, such a quick and easy way to make one!

Kammy's Korner said...

Yay, I LOVE it!!! :) Lucky little puppy!

Cynthia said...

Looks great all stenciled up! I live twenty minutes from Windsor, Ontario, so the name caught my eye.

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.