Thursday, September 27, 2012

Burlap name plate

I wanted something fall looking for my front door.  I love anything burlap so I went to Pat Catan's and purchased an embroidery hoop.  I thought the oval shaped one was interesting.  I paid $5.79 for this size and added burlap that I had in my fabric stash. I stretched the burlap in the hoop.  I also purchased wooden letters at Pat Catans for 35 cents each. 




I traced the letter with a black sharpie and then filled them in with black paint.

Next I cut the burlap and hot glued it to the inside of the embroidery hoop.  Sorry I didn't take a picture of this step.

Here is the finished product hanging on my red front door.  I hung it with another piece of burlap.  I love how it turned out.  This was a very easy and cheap way to personalize your front door.


I'm thinking Christmas presents for the Orrico side of the family.  What do you think?

I'll be linking up to:I Heart Nap TimeBetween Naps On the PorchMakeitPrettyMonday52 Mantels





2 comments:

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

What a cute idea! Isn't burlap so versatile?!

Unknown said...

Hi Geri! Thank you so much for visiting today :) Your latest follower,

Hugs, Tanya

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.