Friday, September 28, 2012

Mirror update

This was a very quick and cheap update.  I had some shelf liner left over from another project and I found this mirror at a yard sale for $1.00. The mirror was in perfect shape I just didn't like the blue flowers on it.



Here is a close up of the flowers.
I painted the frame black and the flowers black.


I cut the shelf liner paper (I found it at the Dollar Tree a few months back) and stuck it to the middle of the frame.  This matches perfect in my spare room that is all done in black and white.



This was a very quick and cheap update.

I'll be linking up to:

I Heart Nap TimeBetween Naps On the PorchMakeitPrettyMonday52 Mantels

5 comments:

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Love the shelf paper you used. It's so pretty! Painting the frame black was a great idea. It frames the paper so nicely.

Elizabeth @ Lizzis Creations said...

I actually got that same contact paper at Dollar Tree and I've been itching to use it on something. How creative! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Now following!

Unknown said...

Oh goodness!!! Love it!!! It looks awesome!

Unknown said...

Well how simple is that?! I love it. :)

Love your blog. I'm your newest follower. I hope you will come by and say hi.

~Liz

Kim said...

Genius! Looks so much better and classy

Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.