Thursday, September 6, 2012

Let's start from the very beginning

I wanted to share with you my very first transformation.  This project was the beginning of my confidence that I really can transform something into something else.



I found this snowman at the thrift store for $2.99.  All the boxes stacked inside of each other so it was easy to store away.  I needed extra storage in my spare bedroom and I didn't want to use it as a snowman.  I removed his mittens and one star.   I cut strips of scrapbook paper and added to the sides of the boxes with modge podge.  (I think I should have stock in the modge podge company) I added another piece of scrapbook paper to cover the snowman face. 



I didn't take the time to paint the boxes because I liked the color.   I'm pretty happy with the transformation and best of all it's extra storage that I needed.

I'll be linking up to the party at:Add your LINKS!UndertheTableandDreaming






5 comments:

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

I love your new boxes! They turned out great!

Unknown said...

The boxes are awesome! I remember when you did them. Have you tried any of the recipes for homemade Mod Podge yet?

Tammy said...

They look great! Thank you for sharing this a Rustic restorations weekend!

Jeannie-JB said...

It looks great - keep on recycling, upcycling, etc.. It's so much fun and so thrifty too.

TheMoonAndMe said...

What? No snowmen in the bedroom? :) I really like how you transformed these into chic storage! Where would we be without mod podge?
Kelly

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my projects.